The Rack – Done…

The custom front panel that I had had made arrived to today and so of course I could not wait to install it:

This is cool but one thing I forgot about is that front panels are not generally structural. As a result when I first installed it, it was way too flimsy. The old front panel that I had made from a blank panel was pretty strong, mainly because it was made of steel instead of aluminum like the front plate and also it had flanges on the edges to give it strength. Since I no longer need it, I cut it up to act as a backing plate for the new front panel:

This now sits behind the custom front plate to give it some support. I may still glue them together but for now the job is done. Hopefully we have a gig in a couple of weeks time when I can have some fun with it and the keytar!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: