Hacking the Jamman – moving forward…

I’ve bitten the bullet so to speak and ordered a BeatBuddy and I’ve got some initial code together to convert the JamSync signals into the midi messages that I believe the BeatBuddy will need.

Right now I’m ignoring the Jamsynch ‘clock’ messages until I know how badly (or not) the sync of the two pedals drifts (due to variation in the Arduino clock speed) or not. I’m also not sure how I’d convert those Jamsync ‘clock’ messages into something meaningful to the Arduino so for now I’m just leaving that bit blank!

All I gotta do now is wait for the BB to get here and then start testing!

Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: